Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 279: GOAL!!!

No, I'm not a soccer fan. I stepped onto my scales this morning only to discover I have reached my goal weight of 225 pounds. I'm very happy today and really ready to take on the world all on my own now.

I know I've been severely lacking on the blog the last 3 weeks, but the muse just wasn't there and I really couldn't bring myself to fake the blog postings. If I blog when I don't have something specific on the weight loss front, I have a bad tendency to write about personal things that don't have much to do with the weight loss journey and that tends to cause more trouble than it's worth. I either hurt someone's feelings or I get into something that is better left in my private life. So if I don't have anything to write about regarding the weight loss, I'm just not going to write at all. It will mean far fewer posts from me, but it will make things far easier on me in the long run.

Right now, it feels like I'm slowly getting away from my old friends. I don't mean the ones from high school that I've known for a long time, but more the ones that I've had around for the last few years that I kind of had around because we shared some sort of common interest. Since I gave up a lot of those common interests, there's nothing left to share so we just drifted apart. C'est la vie, I suppose. The strongest new friendships I'm building seems to be with the people that have had Gastric Surgery as well. That's a shared experience that seems to build an instant bond with someone.

On the NSV side of reaching the goal, my boxer briefs and a shirts are now down to a size large. Regular shirts require me to get a size extra large because of my shoulders. I'm going to be talking to my doctor and getting my referral for my plastic surgery to get my excess skin removed. Once that's done, I'll be looking into getting lasik surgery done so I can be rid of my glasses. I guess I'm changing my entire look from this point forward. It's going to be an interesting ride!

Do svidanja!

1 comment: