Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 260: Loving life right now

Work aside, today is a good day. My clothes are fitting very well now, I'm getting close to my goal weight, and I feel FABULOUS! My stomach seems to have stabilized and I can eat most foods now, which is a nice thing. Since I can't eat a lot, I'd rather get a really good meal that has good flavor and nice texture rather than some cheap junky food that's all quantity and no quality. My emotional storms/rages seem to be drifting into the past now, I guess the hormonal balance has finally kicked in and hopefully the mood swings will just be a bad memory from here out. I feel stronger and faster than before and I'm actually looking forward to getting to talk to a plastic surgeon about getting my excess skin removed. The original referral didn't pan out, so I have to talk to my doctor again.

The thing about the excess skin is that as quickly as I lost the weight, there was no way for the skin to tighten up and keep up with the weight loss. It has tightened some, but not enough, especially on my abdomen and legs. I never thought of myself as vain before, but I can't stand the look of the sagging skin on me. It's honestly uglier than the fat was. I know it sounds completely shallow, but it's the truth. If you are going to have style, you must be true to the truth!

Once I get the skin removed, I will probably drop another 15 to 20 pounds and several clothes sizes. I can't wait!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment