Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 237: rested, recharged and ready to go!

Here it is Labor Day and I'm back in Vegas after a long weekend in Bakersfield. I spent time with my family, old friends, and I feel like I'm ready to continue on with everything. I saw my niece's wedding (barely got there in time) and she was a beautiful bride. I had so many people telling me how good I was looking and how well I had done with my weight loss to date. It felt really good to hear all of that.

My niece (and now my new nephew, I suppose) were both so happy to see me. He actually came to me later and thanked me for going to all the trouble to make it for their wedding because it made her so happy to see me. Amber and I never spent a lot of time together when she was growing up, due to the fact that I was in the military and then I moved to Vegas, but she and I are very much alike. I saw an old picture of me taken just prior to going into the service and I could see the resemblance between me and my niece in that picture. We have the same eye shape and cheekbones. We are clearly related by blood.

Well, I've had my rest and recuperation and the blog will continue as normal tomorrow.

Min Tian Jian!

No comments:

Post a Comment