Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 257: Major NSV Today!

Well, I finally broke down and went to get some new clothes at JCP today. My work slacks were just too big to deal with anymore. I sifted through the clearance section and found three pairs of slacks that looked nice,  not like the crap I usually see in the clearance sections at the big and tall man's stores. They were size 40, and were marked down to 13.50 apiece. I tried them on and they fit just about perfect. I wandered around the store looking at shoes and shirts, and worked my way back over in the men's section (Not the big and tall section) and saw some nice leather jackets on sale for 35.00, marked down from 80.00. I tried on the XL jacket, and it was too big for me! I was very excited when I tried on the L and it fit almost perfectly, just a little snug in the shoulders and arms. I spent a total of 65.00 with my discount coupon. That was less than I was expecting to spend for just 2 pairs of slacks.

For me, that is a major NSV on a couple of categories. I can buy a smaller size than I was expecting, I can buy in the normal men's section, and I can save money in the clearance sections. I have to say, I'm very pleased with the results of my surgery right now. I'm within 10 pounds of my goal weight and I'm able to buy much smaller clothes than I was ever expecting to wear again. I thought the smallest I would ever get into again would be a 2XL or an XL, not a L. This is the kind of thing I like to write about in this blog, but that kind of thing doesn't happen nearly often enough to maintain the blog on a daily basis. It also wouldn't give an accurate depiction of everything I've gone through over the last 9 months.If all I talk about are the good things, then someone considering the surgery and reads my blog might get the wrong idea that it's all happy happy joy joy once you have the surgery. I'll tell you right now, it isn't all happy happy joy joy. Most days are just like any other day, some days absolutely suck and others are all HhJj. Just like normal life. I'm at the point now where I can eat anything and my stomach can tolerate it, I just can't eat as much of it. I still keep my water and protein intake up, but I can eat whatever I want now.

I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow and talk to him about the skin removal surgery now that I'm so close to my goal. I just hope we've gotten enough records of issues to justify getting it covered under my insurance.

Sain bisu!

No comments:

Post a Comment