Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 251: Monday weigh-in and a decision

I woke up, skipped the mantra, did the necessary and then stepped on the scale for a weigh in this morning of 235 pounds. That's 6 pounds lost over the last week. I'm actually very impressed by that. I woke up expecting to see no movement whatsoever, and I see a 6 pound loss. I can work with that. But I noticed a couple of things today that made me make some new decisions. The first thing was my face. I've got bones and hollows appearing that weren't there before and it's a little disconcerting. The second thing is my hands. I have veins and tendons appearing and that is also a little disconcerting. I'm thinking that the people around me that are saying I should stop losing weight are right. My doctor said it, my parents and sister said it, even Cindy hinted at it a couple of times. I've decided that I'm resetting my goal weight to 225 pounds. With my height and build, that will be a good weight for me. Once I stabilize that weight, I can look into the skin removal surgery and that will probably remove another 10 to 15 pounds.

Goals and attitudes can change over the long course of weight loss, and I'm a perfect example of that. I thought I wanted to make that 200 pound goal more than anything else, but I really just want to be healthy and happy. I think that I won't be that healthy at 200 pounds. I think that extra 25 pounds would be all muscle and I don't want to lose any muscle. If I'm not healthy, I know I won't be happy.

Do videnja!

No comments:

Post a Comment