Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 244: Monday weigh in

So wake up, mantra, necessary and step on the scale for a body weight of 241 pounds. I'm glad in that I'm back down to where I was 2 weeks ago, but I hope this bouncing shit stops soon. I would rather stall than have it bounce up and down. I HATE it.

On the other hand, people have been mentioning that I'm looking thinner than before, so it could very well be that I've got inches disappearing while my body adjusts to prep for more weight loss. I wish you could have seen Stephanie's face when I said I was going to buy some skinny jeans when I got down to my goal weight. She just raised her eyebrows and said, "Unless you're 12 years old, you don't need to be wearing skinny jeans. Just get some jeans that fit you the way they're supposed to." That made me chuckle because she's right. It also made me realize that I'm starting to obsess, however minutely, on the size of clothes that I'm wearing. I'm wanting to wear the smallest, tightest fit possible whether I should or not. From now on, I'm going to keep a very important maxim in mind: Just because it fits doesn't mean you should wear it.

I mean, I'm broad shouldered and barrel-chested, and when I get to my goal weight, my waist and hips will be small enough that I'll look plenty skinny no matter what jeans I'm wearing. I'm going to redesign my work clothes to something nicer looking and different from everyone else's clothes. Right now, I'm doing polo shirts and regular work slacks. When I start redoing my wardrobe, I'm planning to go with banded collar shirts, vests and possibly rider's trousers and boots. I've been thinking of myself as an Urban Gunslinger for some time, I might as well look the part. Some guys will settle for the Redneck pseudo-cowboy look, but I'm not one of them. Plaid shirt, straw hat and beat up jeans? Not for me.

So that's the entirety of my blog for tonight.

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment