Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1: Surgery!!!

Well, this is it. Today is the day of my surgery. This is where everything changes for me. This is the start of my new life. Surgery today, a few days of recovery, and then I can start working out in earnest.

I feel like this is going to be the best change I could push myself into. Surgery, new life style, new life. My gut is telling me that this will turn everything around for me.

My parents and my best friend are going to be at the hospital for me, and there just aren't words to express my gratitude to them for being there for me. Their sacrifice of their time for me will be a constant reminder that I have to work at this. Especially my best friend. She had to take time off of work to be there for me and she needs to save up her time for her own surgery. That speaks volumes to me about her feelings for me.

In my other blog, I always end with "Asta". This is a new blog and I think I need to come up with a new closing farewell. I think, given the name of this blog, something travel related would be appropriate.

Ciao!

1 comment: