Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 18: moving on...

Busy morning yesterday, started at the lab to get blood drawn for my Primary Care Physician so he could have my levels checked for cholesterol, Vitamin D, and B12. Got my favorite phlebotomist, and He was able to hit my vein in one shot now, he didn't have to search for a change. If I haven't said it before, I'm saying it now: I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

Then I went to my surgeon and got my official work release so I can go back to work on Monday. Yay, work. I'm actually looking forward to going back, but I'm going to miss being able to go to the workout room at my leisure in the morning or afternoon. I'm going to use my breaks during the day to walk around the facility.

After that, I went to my Primary Care Physician for a B12 shot since he's concerned that I might not be getting enough B12 after my surgery. I signed in and they weighed me as they always do when you go in. My weight dropped another three pounds since they had weighed me on Tuesday. Three pounds in a day. Wow. I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

After I got done with all of that, I went home and talked to an old friend on the phone for a bit and then went to the workout room. Spent 15 minutes strength training, 35 minutes on the treadmill and the walk to and from the weight room was good for about a half mile with the loops and turnbacks in the trails I use. All told, I think I walked about 2 miles doing that yesterday.

Went back to my condo to relax and let my muscles loosen up after the workout. I had to go get my daughter from school and then we went for another walk, like we do every night when I have her. She wanted to go into the workout room so we went in and I let her use the treadmill for a while. She did about 20 minutes at 2.5 miles per hour and she did very well. Hopefully, between the walking and me making her breakfast and lunch we can get a handle on the little roll she has right now. And don't get me wrong, I know some kids have baby fat until puberty hits, but I really don't want to be one of those parent that falls back on the old "She'll outgrow the baby fat" mentality. I want her to get used to exercising so she'll do it on her own. I really don't want her to go through junior high and high school as fat. I hope that when she reaches my age, she won't ever have to consider this surgery.

So we got back to the condo and she went to do her home work while I made dinner for her. We ate dinner, then she went to practice her music, and then I let her play the Wii for about half an hour. She likes to play the Sports Resort Game, which gets her moving and sweating, so when her half hour was up, she had gotten a good workout. I sent her to take a bath while I sat to figure out how to get the soreness out of my muscles. It then occurred to me that the protein shake I use is formulated to assist with muscle recovery, so I had an 8 ounce protein shake and then I went and put her to bed for the night. After that, I was pretty tired, so I went to sleep.

Like I said, busy day.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment