Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 7: Sunday sunday sunday!

OMG! Went to bed at about 945 last night and slept straight through to 550 this morning. Eight hours, five minutes of sleep. I feel fantastic this morning. Still going to take it easy, but I think I might add an extra walk to my routine today.

Object lesson for my readers: I read through my meal plans last night and realized that I am at the point where I am supposed to have three meals plus a protein shake. Instead of mixing up one of the 4 oz. shakes I've been using, I decided to get one out of the basket that my best friend sent to me. I looked at it and it said to add 8oz of water for a shake or 4oz of water for a pudding. I really didn't want to wait for the pudding, so I made the 8 oz shake. Bad Idea. I didn't chug it, I drank it slow, but the protein shakes are different from the clear protein waters I've been sipping. They fill up and stick a little where the waters kind of just pass through. Had some discomfort after I finished it and went to bed with that discomfort. I will not do that again. 4oz. and done. Please learn from my mistakes, gentle readers. If I'm sharing them with you, take note and don't make my mistake.

So I woke up, took care of the necessary, and went to the kitchen to have some Greek yogurt. I added a teaspoon of Pure protein powder to it and sat down to have a leisurely breakfast.

Drank 42g of protein before lunch, so my total protein intake before lunch was 52g. Water intake is about 32oz. Lunch consisted of some tomato soup, protein intake was negligible. On the subject of tomato soup, the Pure protein powder does not mix well with it. The texture makes the soup all wrong and the color....just say no folks, all I'm saying.

Mom made her chili tonight, so we're going to puree that so I can eat with the family for a change this week. She said "Well, there's still some spaghetti left, you could puree that!" and my mind immediately rebelled at the thought of pureed spaghetti noodles. She's like, "What's the difference whether it's beans or noodles?" Never mind the thought is disgusting, I'm supposed to stay away from pasta right now. Beans provide significant protein.

It turns out the pureed food isn't bad, but the texture is a bit odd. The flavor is good and I recommend keeping it hot if you can, pop it into a microwave if it cools off. Remember that actual meals are supposed to take 20 minutes, so take your time and enjoy your food, even if it is pureed. I eat all of my meals by the half teaspoon and set down the silverware between bites.

Well, it's closing in on 6PM here, so I'm going to call this quits for the night. Be back tomorrow with the update.

さようなら (Sayōnara)

No comments:

Post a Comment