Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 17: Weighed in with my primary care physician yesterday...

As of yesterday, I have lost 29 pounds. 29 pounds in 15 days. To me that is amazing. I am really motivated to get more active and keep plugging along with what I'm doing. After I got done with my doctor, I went over to my office to find out what I need to do to get back to work on Monday. While I was there, everybody was marveling at how much different I looked with just the 29 pound weight loss. I can sort of see it in my face, and feel it in my clothes. I can't wait until I hit my goal weight now. I don't think I'll keep up these weight loss numbers, but as long as I lose, it's all good. I won't worry about stalls, I'll just keep plugging away until I get to the goal weight.

Now I have increased my walking and I have been strength training as well, so that's got to be helping. I'm not looking to build muscle so much as tone and strengthen, so I've been using low weights and high reps on all the machines. I'll do one circuit for one set of exercises, and then walk on the treadmill for about 30 minutes, then do another set of exercises. I'm a little sore in the mornings, but not so much that I can't get up and go do it again.

So the extra exercising also helps me keep my mind off her. I don't know if she's reading this blog or not, but I'm going to say that I miss her terribly and I wish she would let me back into her life. We were good together. Not a day goes by that I'm not convinced that God put us in each other's path for a reason. After our first date, we had 4 more dates in that week. 5 dates in 7 days. I went out of town on vacation the next week and I called her every day and it was while I was gone I remember telling her "I love you" on the phone as we were hanging up. I've never said it that fast to anyone before. Never. She immediately texted me back and asked "You do?" I texted back, "Yes, I do" It took her longer to say it to me, but when she did, I swear I heard flights of angels singing. I don't know if we can ever get to that place again, but my heart tells me that she still loves me. I know it's irrational and foolish, but I can't help it.

The heart wants what it wants, logic has nothing to do with it.

Genough farwel!

No comments:

Post a Comment