Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2: Home and recovery.

Well, after 30 hours in the hospital, I'm home and on the road to recovery. I'm feeling some pain like I've been gut-kicked, but I was expecting that. Right out of surgery was the worst of the pain and nausea, but I think the nausea was mostly from the anesthetic. The pain was a combination of gas and pain from the surgery. The more you walk around, the less gas pain there will be. All I had to eat yesterday were ice chips and that's all I wanted. Today I had 2 oz of apple juice and 2 oz of Jello in the morning and 2 oz. of chicken broth and 2 oz. of Jello in the afternoon . The chicken broth was awful. Enough salt in it to preserve a mummy. I had more trouble getting it down because of the salt rather than anything else. But I did get it down and kept it down so they released me, I didn't have any pain meds today, but yesterday they were giving me plenty of Demerol. Not enough to make me loopy, just enough to dull the pain and let me sleep. So now I'm home and I'm going to hold off on any pain meds for now. Probably wait for bedtime.

Tschüs!

No comments:

Post a Comment