Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 9: Closer and closer to normal.

So today I woke up about 6 and got myself ready to go out to take care of some business with my mom and dad. I had my Greek yogurt with a teaspoon of protein powder and 3 teaspoons of chia seeds. They add fiber and once they encounter liquid, start to swell up. This means they will help fill your stomach. They work great. Just try to get them down before they start to swell. Once they swell, they turn into these slimy globules that look really unappetizing and you might think twice about using them.

We had to go get my new car registered and the DMV was their usual helpful selves, i.e. not. Dad had called a couple of weeks earlier and the person he had talked to said a California smog test would be acceptable. [BZZZZT] WRONG! The lady said that it would only be acceptable if the vehicle were based in California, but we would need a Nevada Smog Test. The issue I have with that is that if the vehicle is based in California, why would we register it in Nevada to begin with? Well, never mind. We went and got the smog check and came back and got the car registered and the title transferred and I am now the proud owner of a 2008 Ford Fusion.

After that, we went back to my place and mom went to sit on the balcony (my parents love my balcony) while dad and I went down to buy my new TV. I decided on the Visio 37" LCD HD TV and it looks great. I got it all set up by myself when they drove out to Indian Springs. It looks beautiful.

I had some pureed chili for lunch with some bits of cheese in it. I let the cheese melt down so it wouldn't cause any issues with my stomach. It was pretty good. One thing I've noticed is that when I eat actual food as opposed to liquids, I get some noticeable boborygmi (stomach gurgling). Not loud enough for others to notice, but I can sure feel it. Oh well.

Took a longer walk to get the mail today and my dad was taking it nice and slow for me. Well, my strength is definitely returning because I took off at full speed because I felt like I was dragging back. Dad kept up and we took off at a good pace. I was breathing hard when we finished, but I felt pretty good.

Ran through Facebook a few times and hit my boards I read regularly and then had some cream of tomato soup from my weight loss center. Took my vitamins and now I'm working on my second bottle of my protein juice. You're supposed to mix the protein shot with water, but I've found that if you use G2 or powerade zero, the taste of the whey protein is negligible. Also, the G2 or powerade zero will boost your electrolyte count with negligible calorie intake.

So my water intake is 64 oz, my protein intake is 130g and I'm feeling great. I hope everyone has my good luck with the surgery.

Vaarwel

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're healing well! Good for you :) I wish you the best.
    What protein shot are you using in your "protein juice"?
    And chili and creamy tomato soup were my faves when I got banded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the profect 50g protein shots from protica:

    http://www.protica.com/index.htm

    A case of 24 shots is about 79.00 USD plus shipping

    ReplyDelete