Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 3: Still recovering

Went to sleep at 745 last night. And again at 845, 1045, do you see the pattern forming? The pain was only at the discomfort level, but it was enough to wake me up. I would have to get up, use the bathroom, sip some water and lay back down and adjust my sleeping position. Not fun, but I did figure out how to adjust everything without using my abdominal muscles.

Mom, dad and I went for a walk around my complex this morning. Not very long, but enough to help with the gas pains. I can't wait to get my energy levels back where they belong.

Mom and dad took me to look at furniture at a few different stores today and I got worn out. After we finished looking at the furniture at Walmart, I couldn't go any further. I went up to the front of the store and just sat down and waited for them to finish their shopping. Looked something like a fool sitting there holding my "cough-buddy" moose. Basically, it's a dense pillow that you hold tightly against your abdomen when you fel the need to cough or deep breathe. It looks silly, but it does the job. So I might look silly, but I'd rather carry it and not need it rather then to need it and not have it. So after that was done, we went home and I had my 4 oz. of chicken broth and tried to take a nap. Didn't work so well. I think I was too tired to actually go to sleep properly. Then we had to go pick up my daughter from school. I'm going to just sit back and rest now. Mom is making her spaghetti for the three of them. I'll just enjoy the smell and have some protein jello and keep working on my protein drink. I don't think of it as being denied anything compared to what I'll gain with the surgery.

再见 [zài jiàn]

1 comment:

  1. Three days (and by now, four) are behind you and (pardon my need for a lousy pun) under your belt. I wish you had a shot of you with the moose buddy...that would have been perfect. You did better than I did my first excursion into the wilds of the stores...I cried like a three year old :)

    ReplyDelete