Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 8: First Weigh In and Wound Check

So I went to the weight loss clinic today for my first weigh in and wound check. My blood pressure was 112/78, excellent changes from 135/90. Temperature was 98.7, about .6 degrees cooler then before and pulse and respiration were both excellent. I bought some more supplies from the bariatic center...

...What? The weigh in? Yeah, just a second...

Anyway, I decided to pick up the protein shots for mixing into the water online since it will cost me about 1.50 less per shot buying in bulk. Way more cost effective that way....

...What's with the weight? Hold on, you damn overachiever...

So I also sold my beast of a truck today and now I'm 4000 dollars richer for my effort. Mom and dad are going to pay for registering the new car....

...Really, interrupting my train of thought again? You need to learn some patience, young padawan...

Alright, already. I know I'm purposely dragging this out. Deal with it. My blog, information releases at my rate, ok?

So, in one week I have lost a grand total...


...of...

[The suspense is terrible]




[I hope it will last....[EVIL GRIN]]


20 pounds in one week. Let me repeat that:

20 POUNDS IN ONE WEEK!

I am somewhere between shocked and ecstatic right now. I was expecting anywhere from 9 to 12 pounds, but 20 pounds is amazing! My surgical scars are healing excellently, the PA said my healing was the best they had seen today.

I know I can't maintain that kind of weight loss consistently, so I'm going to try to calm myself down over the next couple of days and not let myself get obsessed with weight loss and working out. But until then, I'm going to bask in the glow of a successful sleeve surgery. And allow myself a girlish little giggle occasionally.

I know how it sounds, I don't care. If you just lost that much weight that quickly, you would giggle like a girl too.

Adieu!

1 comment:

  1. COT DAMAGE! Thats wonderful!

    Great post. I was ready to poke you in the side for making me wait!

    ReplyDelete