Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 143: Feeling impatient!

You know, I know that I've lost an amazing amount of weight in such a short time and I know it's going to keep coming off, but I'm in a mood where I want to be at my goal weight NOW! Maybe it's because I have lost so much so quickly and I want it to get going off of me. I'm normally a very patient individual and capable of holding out for what I want, but tonight I don't feel that patience. It's just not there. I'm in some sort of "Gotta have it NOW" mode tonight.

When I step back and look, I realize that I have lost 62 percent of my excess weight and that is remarkable. I'm less than 40 percent away from my goal weight. That really is amazing. I'm only 20 weeks post-op and I've lost 111 pounds. Couple that with the 27 pounds I lost pre-op and I'm down 138 pounds so far. My BMI still shows me as obese, but the numbers are a lot different now.

I did have an NSV today that I discovered purely by surprise. Prior to losing my weight, I had a roll of fat on the back of my head. Basically from the base of my skull and on the top of my neck, there was a roll there. Usually hidden by my hair. Well, I stretched and tipped my head back, I ran my hand across the back of my head and it occurred to me that the roll wasn't there. I realized in that moment that it was gone! That's a huge NSV for me! I've had that roll for the longest time and now it's gone. Yay me and yay Bobo!

On to another sleever, my friend is one week post op and she has lost 10 pounds. That's great and I'm very proud of her and happy for her. She's really seeing the difference now and if she follows my examples, she should continue to lose at a good rate. But everybody is different, and whatever loss she sees will be good. Every pound lost is a pound that should never return. I can really understand now why people are so interested in my own journey. It's exciting to know that someone you know, whether virtually or in the real, is succeeding at this kind of thing.

Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment