Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 163: New clothes have arrived!

My outfit for my reunion arrived this afternoon. Now anybody that knows me knows how much I hate collared shirts in general. Polo's are ok, but your standard button-down, pointed colar, gotta wear a tie type shirts I really don't care for other than as the last layer in winter clothes, and preferably worn open like a shell jacket. So when I was agonizing over what I was going to wear to the Reunion I decided to ask what the dress code would be and how strictly they were enforcing it. The classmate that was organizing everything told me that a nice shirt and a nice pair of jeans would be ok as long as I stuck to the overall theme of "fire and ice" (women in red, men in blue). So I ordered a new pair of jeans (size 44 slim straights) to start with. Then I was looking for a nice shirt that wouldn't have me climbing the walls within an hour of putting it on and I remembered one of my favorite shirts was a denim long sleeve that had a banded collar. Just a narrow band of cloth, no point or wings or anything else. I went looking for just such a shirt and I found exactly what I wanted at the Wild West Mercantile webstore. Blue check and banded collar. Houston, we have lift off! I ordered that and a new vest to replace the 3x I've been wearing out. I got the same black canvas, but double breasted and size 2x instead of 3x. I can wear xl if the shirt has some give, but if the fabric has no give, it would look like crap. They all showed up this afternoon and I had a surprise. The jeans fit near perfect with only a small amount of dunlop. The shirt was actually a little baggy on me, but I don't think it's that bad . The vest is stiff and has no give whatsoever and I am very glad I went with the 2x. An xl would not fit properly right now. Maybe in 20 or 30 pounds, but not right now. I tried it all on and it's just the look I was going for.

I'll be packing tomorrow night so I'll be able to leave right after work on Friday. I'm very excited about this, but I think it's because I do look so different than I did in High School and I think this is going to be a major league boost to my self confidence.

I haven't decided if I'm taking my laptop along yet, so tomorrow or Friday may be my last posting until next Monday.

Bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment