Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 147: VICTORY!

No, I haven't hit my goal weight or anything more significant. But it is Monday and a weigh-in day. I'm 21 weeks post-op and my body weight this morning was 280 lbs. A 2 pound loss for the week, 113 pounds lost since surgery and 140 pounds lost total. The weekly loss isn't that much but it is a loss. The overall loss is more important to me because it's a mini-goal for me. My next goal is 275, the weight I was when I graduated from high school.

I went over to see my friend today and she's looking very good. 10 pounds lost and her surgery scars are healing well. When I got out of my car, I had another NSV as well. For the longest time, I would have to grab the roof of the car to help lift myself out of the seat, but today I just swung out my legs and stood up without grabbing the roof. That was one of those "What the?" moments when I did it. We sat and talked for a while and we went for a short walk (well, short for me, anyway) and talked some more. I had to take off early because I had to get to work early, but when we hugged goodbye, it felt like neither one of us really wanted to let go. She held me a lot longer than she has in the past, like she needed to feel me holding her close.

I went to my doctor to get the results of my labs and a testosterone shot. The labs were looking very good, although he has given me a directive to stop all Iron supplements for now because he's afraid I might be developing iron toxicity. So Iron is out for now until further notice. He said my testosterone levels are low, but that's not news. What was news is that all my cholesterol levels have dropped by a hundred points across the board, so the Simcor is doing it's job admirably. He has also officially taken me off of the CPAP machine for sleeping, so I'm really glad for that. I definitely noticed that I lost some major body fat recently because when the nurse gave me my Testosterone shot, it hurt. Big time hurt. Stinging hurt. Still hurts right now as a matter of fact. She said that I have almost no fat left on my butt, so it was going to hurt a bit. She wasn't lying...owowowowow. The Doctor is going to give me a referral to a cosmetic surgeon that has some new laser treatment that will shrink up the excess skin without invasive surgery. If we can work it out, it might be medically covered so my insurance will cover it. I'm going to see the surgeon and talk to him and then talk to my insurance company and find out if any of the procedures will be covered under medical necessity.

This blog went on a bit longer than it has recently, and that's a good thing. I guess when something significant occurs in my journey, my blog will be correspondingly longer.

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment