Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 167: Monday morning weigh-in and Mini-goals achieved!

I said my mantra and stepped on the scale this morning, fully expecting a low loss or a stall. Surprise surprise, I not only lost, I lost big time. My body weight is now 268 pounds. That's 6 pounds lost for this week, 125 pounds lost since surgery and 152 pounds lost overall. That also means I hit two more mini-goals: 125 pounds lost since surgery and 150 pounds lost overall. That's worth a big old hoorah as far as I'm concerned. I wish I knew what I did differently so I could maintain a regular 5 or more pounds per week lost. Oh well, as long as it comes off that's the important thing. I don't think the Reunion trip alone did the job. I guess it's just the body adjusting to a new level of weight loss.

BTW, my percentage of weight loss is 69.09 etc percent. I've lost almost 70 percent of the weight I want to lose. I love my sleeve. My BMI is currently 36.3. Still Obese, but close to the overweight mark. I'm slowly but surely getting there.

One last thought. I know that my weight loss is a great example that the surgery works. I would make a great commercial for the effectiveness of the Gastric Sleeve Surgery. But a great commercial is not necessarily a great comparison for others that have had the surgery. I only know of one other person that had the kind of success with the surgery that I have had. We would need the disclaimers of "Results not typical". I know that some people that know me personally and have had the same surgery are a little discouraged that they have not had the success with it that I have had. I wish I could say "Here's what you have to do to have the same success.", but everybody has a different experience with the surgery. Some lose fast, some lose slow. Some lose consistently, some have stalls. Some have all sorts of complications, some breeze right through it. It's different for everyone. As long as we lose and make the changes in our lives to not only lose but maintain the loss and not regain the weight, then it's going to work for us. I know the changes aren't easy to make. We have to change from a sedentary life style to an active life style. We have to eat right, watch our protein intake, and drink our water. Most importantly, we have to change our mindset so that we don't go back to our old ways. Do I miss some of the foods I used to eat? Occasionally. Would I trade being able to eat whatever I wanted for the weight I've lost? No chance. I feel so much better than I have in a long time and I guarantee I would not have shown up for my 25th High School Reunion at my highest weight. This has been a good and positive change for me and I think it will be for most Sleevers in the long run.

Bonjour!

No comments:

Post a Comment