Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 156: Storm's here!

Oh my GOD! I woke up feeling a little out of sorts this morning. Now, by 820, I recognize that I'm in full-on monthly rage mode. I have all sorts of nasty, destructive thoughts running through my head that will do nothing but cause trouble if I actually act on them. The reason I know it's a rage is because after a little while of letting those thoughts run amok I start asking myself "Where are these thoughts coming from?" If there's no good reason for them, nothing I can track easily and say "Ah Hah! That's what's causing it!" then I know I'm in a rage. That's when I start forcing the thoughts away and thinking about something else. If the thoughts sneak back in (and they will try) I change the thinking again. I focus on something positive. Sometimes they try to sneak through as Feral, but I know Feral too well. Sometimes they try to sneak in through Fat Kid. Sometimes they just do the full-frontal assault. In any case, I've come to recognize the signs and act towards changing them. Or at least not reacting to them.

My friend refers to this state as "being Ill". Some people call it being bitchy. No matter what you call it, it's a cycle. It happens once a month. Yes, gentle readers, it happens to us men too but we don't have anything to show cause for the event. This is why we should all have mancaves to retreat to when it occurs. We should just hide away for a day or two until things are back to normal for us. But for the loved ones around us, you need to give us some space and maybe a little TLC until we're back to normal.

I'm definitely going to workout this evening if for no other reason than to keep myself distracted.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. And the hormones that pour out of those fat cells as they burn will wreck havoc in even a well balanced calm person!

    ReplyDelete