Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 161: Monday weigh-in and a Mini-Goal achieved!

Mondays are about the only days I look forward to getting up at 5 am. I wake, say my mantra and my daily prayer, and then I do the necessary and step on the scale. This week my body weight is 274 pounds. That's 4 pounds down for the week, 119 pounds down since the surgery, and 146 pounds down overall. In addition to the daily, weekly, and overall losses, I also achieved one of my mini-goals of 275 pounds. That's the same weight I was when I graduated High School, so things have changed for me now. When I graduated High school I was about 5'8" or so. Now I'm 6' tall, so that same weight is distributed differently. I also have a lot more muscle mass and broader shoulders as well. I know I look different than I did then, and the Reunion this weekend should be a blast. Again, I wish I weren't going solo but some things just haven't changed. C'est la vie.

Since I made the decision to not let myself be unhappy or despairing, I have come to the conclusion that I am happy right now. Just because you're not with someone you love right now does not mean you have to be sad or miserable. Accept what you have going on in your life right now and go with the flow or figure what you have to do to change the situation. If your weight isn't where you want it then make a change and lose the weight. If your body isn't the way you want it then figure out what you have to do to to change it and do it. I'm single right now and I'm going to live my life the way I want to live it. If I want to go to a movie with my ex-wife and daughter, I can do that. If I want to see an old friend and talk about books or games I can do that. If I want to go for a walk with my ex-girlfriend, I CAN DO THAT! I don't owe anybody any explanation for what I may or may not do. If I had my druthers, I would gladly have to explain myself to a certain someone. But right now, I'll be happy with the time I get to spend with any one of them.

Interesting thing is, my bro told me the other day "You have a significant other, bro." I just did that "Huh, WTF are you talking about? In case you forgot, I'm single." He said, "No, bro. You two may not be together right now, but you are significant to each other and will be forever. Didn't it occur to you that neither one of you wants to hurt the other? Look at what you did when Darci hurt you. You not only hurt her, you were going for specific buttons to hurt her. You and ***** know the buttons to press, but neither of you would do it. You still care about each other and neither of you is willing to burn a bridge to ruin a path back. Give it some time and you two will probably find the way back. But until then, be single and enjoy it."

So that's what I'm going to do.

Cheerio!


No comments:

Post a Comment