Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 150: A milestone

Well, it's day 150 since I had my surgery. My protein and water have both been good today and I got all of my walking in today so that's all good. Dinner tonight was half of a weight watchers pepperoni pizza, but it went down and stayed down, so I'm getting better with my solids.

It's hard to believe that it's been 150 days since surgery. I can remember it so clearly, probably because it was such a pivotal day in my life. My parents were there, my friend was there and it was worth every second of nausea and every scrap of pain. I'm down by 140 pounds. I've lost 63 percent of the weight I want to lose and it's just amazing to me. I haven't quite lost a pound a day, but I don't care. It is coming off at a decent rate and that's ok with me. I know I'll get to my goal weight eventually. I had more than a few people mentioning my weight loss today and when I point out that I've lost 140 pounds, the reaction is typically, "That's a whole person you've lost!" When I get to my goal weight, I will have lost more than half of myself. And that's true not just physically. Mentally, I've changed a lot. My outlook is different now. I'm seeing things differently than I did prior to surgery. I know what I want and who I want in my life. Somehow, someway, I'll find a way to get it all in one place. I know it.

On the friend front, today was the second week post op for her and she's down 14 pounds total. That's really fantastic for her. That is literally a pound a day and about 12 percent of her total weight she wants to lose. I'm really excited that her journey has started. I think this is going to be fantastic for her and I think it will lead her to her happy place. I hope it does. I just hope she gets past the bad days quickly and just gets to being able to work out and eating as normally as she can with this surgery. It's going to make a huge difference for her life.

So that's it for tonight. I hope everyone has a great night and a better tomorrow. Always strive for a better tomorrow. If it doesn't come along, go out and get it.

Min Tian Jian!


No comments:

Post a Comment