Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 164: Damn writer's block!

I'm looking at this white space and that little blinking cursor seems to be saying "neener neener neener!"

Like it knows I don't really have squat to say today, the miserable little bastard...

I'll show you, you rotten little blinker!

I've discovered that I'm either very dedicated or just stupid. It's breaking triple digits before 10 am around here and I'm still going out and walking on my breaks at work and going to work out after work. The work out after isn't so bad since the workout room is air conditioned, but walking in that heat at mid morning and heat at the top of the afternoon takes some special kind of sheer stupidity or dedication to this whole thing. On the bright side it makes getting that water in a whole lot easier.

Darci and I decided to meet for dinner and to hang out and talk for a while. It seems really odd, but we're right back to the way things were before everything happened. And I guess that's the real sign that what you really have is a friendship when after everything that happened can just be left behind and you realize you still enjoy talking and sharing each other's company. When you know you can tell that person anything and they will still be your friend after. They might not like what you have to say and they might shoot some unwanted advice your way, but its ok because you know they really want what's best for you and they want to see you happy. And before any of you start thinking about happy endings for my story, get it out of your head. Darci's engaged and I let that particular boat sail a long time ago. I'd rather just have her as a friend, like we were early on when we met.

She has started her own weight loss regimen and she's down 8 pounds so far. She said that now that she and I are about the same weight, she's using me as a motivator to keep losing weight. She said she wants to at least match me for loss and eventually surpass me. I told her to feel free, but I'm not in a race. My journey is solo. If she surpasses me in weight loss, more power to her.

My friend - forget it, I'm just going to use her name, it's easier. Cindy is down another 3 pounds this week for 18 pounds lost overall. Like I said on Monday, her weight loss is visible and I think she looks great. She's still cute as ever. She's beautiful. Truth be told, if it weren't for her, I would not have gotten my surgery. That's not exaggeration, that's the truth. She had been talking about getting the surgery for a long time and when she went to the seminar, she found out that my insurance covered the weight loss surgery and she told me. Well, I went to the next seminar and talked to my insurance company and that was it. I started my journey. So I have to say thank you, Cindy. If it hadn't been for you and your concern for my health, I would still be trudging towards an early grave from obesity related health issues. Thank you for caring as much as you do. And I know how much you care.

I'll be leaving for my Reunion tomorrow afternoon and I'm still considering whether I'm going to bother taking my laptop along. I probably will anyway, but just in case you don't hear from me for a few days, you know why.

Valete!

No comments:

Post a Comment