Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 166: The Reunion

I had a great time at the reunion. Everybody there pretty much recognized me instantly and all of them said that I looked like I hadn't changed in 25 years. A few of them said that I looked better than I did in High School. All of them asked how I did it. I wasn't shy or reticent about sharing my story with them and they were all impressed by my honest and concise story. I answered any questions they had and was very much in demand with my classmates last night. I danced with a lot of very pretty ladies and had a good time.

When they served dinner, I tried a little bit of everything and stopped when my stomach gave me the stop signal. The people at my table commented on how little I had eaten and I pointed out that 4 ounces is my limit anymore. I did have a drink as well, but the bartender was clearly out of her field with what I asked for and she really didn't make it very well. A little bit later on I noticed a sizable line for the bar and I looked over and saw the bartender using her cell phone and trying to get the drinks at the same time, the awkward cow. At one point the hosts walked around and offered everyone cupcakes. I decided to throw caution to the wind and tried it. I wish I had stuck to my guns and thrown the cupcake to the winds. After two bites Bobo said "Enough of that". My stomach got a little upset so I just sat the rest of the cupcake down and I was done with it.

One of the couples there had to leave early because they had a gig to get to and some of the reunioneers decided to go watch them. I waited for about an hour and a half and then went out to watch their gig. They are really good. I spent the remainder of the night dancing with one of those pretty ladies I mentioned earlier. She and I had a really good time and I commented that it was probably best that I lived in Vegas because we would just be having too much fun together. She's happily married, but we did have a good time together just joking and dancing and having fun.

One of the best things that came out of this trip was the old friends I made connections with. I'm going to make a more active effort to keep the lines of communication open now. Maybe it will encourage me to come back to Bakersfield more often. And all the positive comments about how I looked and the positive reaction to my story really boosted my ego, so I feel renewed to continue this journey. I feel the fire that I felt the first two weeks post op and I'm going to really get back to the swing of my workouts.

One thing, and this is a major NSV for me. I had ordered a new pair of jeans for the reunion. I tried them on Wednesday and they fit just fine, not much dunlap. By Saturday afternoon when I was getting dressed, they were at least an inch too big for me. I was a little annoyed at that since I had just bought them, but I also felt really good about it because I clearly lost inches for that to happen.

I have to get ready and start locking things up around here. I'm going to meet my sister for breakfast and then head over to the bbq. After the bbq, I'm heading for home and try get my clothes together for work tomorrow.

Auf Weidersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment