Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 169: Decisions, decisions...

So I'm closing in on my goal weight now. 68 pounds away and I'll be there before too much longer. So now I have to decide whether I'm going to undergo plastic surgery to remove the excess skin or not. I'd like to think that I won't need the surgery, that the skin will shrink up like the bariatrician said it would. The reality check says that probably won't happen, though. I know some people would say the excess skin is a trophy in the battle against weight loss. I have to be honest, my vanity says it's not what I want. I'd rather have the scars from having the skin removed and get them covered by ink.

It's a hard decision to make. If it isn't covered by my insurance one way or another, it has to come out of pocket and that's expensive. Figure a minimum of 5 grand to have the work done. But I still have a while to contemplate everything. It's possible that my skin will completely retract and I won't need the surgery at all.

[...Quit chuckling, Feral or I'll evict you like I did Fat Kid!]

I do apologize for the delayed posting. I did write this last night, but Blogger was glitching something terrible last night.

Tschuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment