Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 165: Continued

I wanted to talk about something that happened last night at my meet and greet. Everyone recognized me instantly and one of them even said "My God, Shawn! You look just like you did in High School! You look fabulous! You haven't changed!" That tells me how much I really have changed over the last few months. When people that haven't seen me for 25 years tell me I look the same, I've changed for the better. By losing this weight it's like I turned the clock back on my life. I have a bunch of new old friends on facebook now and I think I'll have a bunch of new readers as well.

What surprised me was how many of us had similar events in our lives. Now a lot of them live in Bakersfield, so it's not a huge surprise there, but a few of us are coming from hundreds of miles away in completely different cities and locales and we still had a lot of the same experiences in our lives. I find myself wondering if it's a generational thing.

So I'll be meeting my bro for breakfast in a little while and then we'll head back to my mom and dad's house to hang until I have to get ready to go to the reunion. I'll be having dinner with my sister et al before that.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment