Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 31: It's Wednesday

You know, I hate it when teenagers use the workout room as a hangout. They don't really workout and they tie up the machines not doing anything. Some of us are actually in there to workout properly not just hang around and bullshit with our buddies. The teenagers are also the most likely to make fun of those of us that don't fit into the societal norms for height and weight. That's happened to me twice in the last two nights. I can't hear them, thanks to my earphones, but I can see them clearly in the reflection of the windows in front of me. Monday it was a bunch of boys, Last night it was a couple of girls. It's thoroughly annoying.

I got my workouts in without any issues, though and I definitely got all my protein in yesterday. I decided to start taking the protein shots straight rather than mix it into anything else. Disgusting, but I did it. That allowed me to get 72 ounces of water in yesterday as well to help with possible dehydration issues. It will take a couple of days to see if that's going to help. Time will tell.

As far as the workouts themselves, I'm pushing the strength training to the burn point and almost to failure. Not quite to failure, just to the point where I have to really push to get out the last few reps. I hope it's doing the job. The treadmill is pretty simple, I just increase the speed a little and increase the workout level. By the end of the workout, I'm sweating and ready to stop. Overall, its a good feeling.

A quick reminder for my readers: Remember that Monday is Valentine's day. If you have anything to mail, get it in the mail no later than tomorrow. For the guys, invest a few minutes and actually read the cards and pick something that is appropriate for your lady love. For the ladies, remember that while we don't really show it often, we like getting a romantic card from you as well. And for both sexes: If your significant other has had the Sleeve, you might want to stay away from chocolates as a gift. Just saying...

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment