Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 43: It's Tuesday

And like most Tuesdays, there's not a whole lot happening. Work was a typical day of putting out communications fires and dealing with customers' crap. I will say that more and more people are starting to notice the changes in me at work, which is a good thing, I suppose. On an ego boosting note I should have mentioned yesterday, I was talking with someone and she was checking me out. And I mean CHECKING me out, with her eyes drifting along my chest and arms and then lingering below the belt line. Major ego boost. Didn't do the team down below any harm either. Talk about your evil grin time...

Anyway, back to today. I got all of my protein in and I'm working on my water now. Not easy, especially when I'm having an iffy stomach day. It happens with almost all sleevers, we can have one day where everything goes smoothly, with no issues and then the next, everything makes you a little queasy. It's a journey with hills and valleys and there's nothing for it but to press on to the next step. Some days you'll be on a smooth, level road with no issues, others it's a steep mountain path filled with kinks and turnbacks, and still others are a slippery slope and one wrong step sends you tumbling. You have to keep on and focus on the next point on the path. The one thing you have to remember is that this path doesn't have an end. We don't stop. We keep on the path.

Emotionally...more ups and downs. I'm giving serious consideration to staying solo and avoiding dating for the next year while I continue to lose weight and adjust both mentally and spiritually to everything happening. Maybe after that things will have come to some sort of equilibrium overall and I'll be better set to let someone into my life. I suppose it's time to call on the Zen Spider.

Workouts...that was tough tonight. I started on the treadmill. After 15 minutes I was ready to call it quits. I told myself "Get to 20 minutes and you can stop." At 20 minutes I was close to a mileage point, so I told myself "Get to that mileage point and you can stop." After the Mileage point I was close to a calorie point so I said, "Get to the Calorie point and you can stop." After I got there I was close to my 30 so I just stuck it out and completed the 30 minutes on the tread and the 5 minute cool down. Little mental tricks can work wonders if you let them. Then I went ahead and did my strength training and then headed back to the condo. Believe me, I had to use every one of those mental tricks on myself tonight. It worked.

Adieu-sias!


No comments:

Post a Comment