Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 47: I'm late I'm late I'm late!!!

I know I'm late posting this, but it's been busy and a humbler of a day all around. The morning was ok, I got some exercise in and all my protein and water, so that's all good, but the events of the day made me feel like God was saying, "Time to rein it in a little, cowboy."

I went to a party this afternoon that I was hoping to have a lot of fun at. Didn't happen. The party was pretty dullsville and blah. No cute girls to talk to and no one to have a lively conversation with except the host and he was of course hosting. A humbler of an experience.

Then I had a date to go see a movie, "The Eagle". The movie was too drawn out and the energy between me and my date felt more like old friends hanging out rather than a possible romantic encounter. On top of that, the theater was all the way across town, a good half hour from my condo. Humbler #2.

After that, I decided to go to the karaoke bar and try to salvage some fun tonight. I ordered a bottle of water, a glass of orange juice and some cheese sticks to fill that empty feeling in my sleeve. Turns out Bobo does not like OJ at all. Pain almost as soon as I swallowed and it hit Bobo. Not pleasant. Well, I'm still in a little pain when the Karaoke Jock calls me up to do my first song, "It's a Sin". My pitch and tone were all over the place on that song. I normally hammer that one home, but not this week. Humbler number three. My second and last song, "Bad to the Bone" was much better and had the audience screaming, cheering and clapping. I decided to quit while I was ahead and I came home to write my blog.

Guess all the weekends aren't going to be stellar. I should have listened to that nagging feeling in my head that said "Just stay home and relax."

Oh well.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment