Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day 23: After Action Report on my day back to work.

Returning to work itself was mostly a "Same Stuff, Different Day" as far as the work was concerned, but my co-workers reactions were pretty much universal. Almost everyone was asking, "How do you feel? How much weight have you lost? Was the surgery painful?"

The only other constant was everyone was mentioning how much different I looked with my weight loss. How good I was looking and that it was really noticeable in my face and the way my clothes were fitting. A couple of them mentioned that I looked a lot happier than I had in a long time.

Let me tell you, I am very happy with this weight loss. Some people might ask, "Don't you miss certain foods" That's when I have to educate them that I can eat anything I want once I'm fully healed, but that the weight loss makes me far happier than any food ever could. There's only one thing that could make me happier, but it's not weight loss related so I'm not going to discuss it here.

I spent my two breaks at work walking at a good brisk pace, making sure my heart rate was elevated while I was doing it. After work I went home, changed and went to work out. Since this is a new week, I ramped up my workout. I took the treadmill workout and went up one level with it and my strength training I added 10 pounds to all of the exercises except the leg exercise to which I added 20 pounds. I also added an extra set to all of the strength training exercises. By the time I got home, I was tired. Climbing those 19 steps to my condo was an effort, let me tell you.

So today will be a repeat of yesterday for the most part, and I'll write about it tomorrow.

Apunno oka yan!

No comments:

Post a Comment