Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 44: Wednesday (whiskey tango foxtrot)

[sigh] Exercise has been good today. Water is proving to be a problem, as is protein today for some reason. Part of that has been because I forgot to carry my protein shot with me this morning so I had to do it when I got home and I try not to do it all at once. Too much protein at once tends to make my heart race.

Work today was pretty meh, but I had a couple of incidents that caught my attention and not in a good way. The first was that HR has disapproved a new shirt I bought recently, so I can't wear it at work. It is a black T-shirt with my old unit insignia on it. When I got out of the Army, I was with the 2nd Armor Division, better known as "Hell on Wheels" and the insignia says precisely that. It's obvious to even the most casual onlooker that this is a unit insignia and stands for something other than the language below it. The HR reaction to it is rabidly PC and they said, "If you have to explain it, you better not wear it."

Are you [FOXTROT]ing kidding me? They let people wear football jerseys on Fridays. Glorifying an intrinsically violent game that serves no purpose other than the entertainment of the masses. That crap is ok, but I can't show pride in my former unit and my support with my brothers and sisters that are serving now because of one word on the insignia? How hypocritical.

The second incident was a customer that started screaming at me and threatening to leave the company, report me to my supervisors, etc when I couldn't do what he wanted me to do because of the company policy. When I tried to help him get the problem taken care of so I could fix his issue, he just yelled louder and wouldn't listen. I finally had to start yelling back to get him to listen to me. If he had just calmed his ass down, I could have had the problem resolved faster and neither one of us would have had a spike in our blood pressure.

The topper to my Wednesday was in the workout room. I like having the place to myself so I can plug in my earphones and jam along as I workout. About 10 minutes into my treadmill routine, this young couple walks in. She was clearly wanting to use the treadmill, but I had another 25 minutes to go. She could see it was no good talking to me since I had my earphones in, so she didn't. What did she do? She turned on the TV and set the volume high enough to be heard over the sound of the machines she and her significant other were using. This also meant that it was drowning out my music and guess where the treadmill is placed. Right under the [FOXTROT]ing TV. I had to kick my music up about 6 steps higher than normal so I didn't have to listen to whatever banal TV show they were watching. I finished the treadmill and then did my strength training and bolted for home.

On the bright side, over on Facebook, a friend of mine posted one of those "post this on your profile and see what you get" things. So I did,and she was the first to respond and she said I was cute, sexy, spectacular, funny and that she would date me. Not bad for the first go. She's cute too. Too bad she lives so far away. Not that it really matters, I suppose.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment