Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 38: It looks like Wednesdays are going to be my no-workout days...

What a day. I had to pull a 10 hour shift at work, go get my daughter, go over to her mom's house to get her music stuff and then go home. By the time all that was done, all I wanted to do is just relax and have some dinner. I made sure my daughter got some dinner and then I had to walk up to the mailbox. The thought of working out last night was just too much to deal with so I decided not to deal with it at all. I refuse to harangue myself about it, either. If I don't workout on a given day, that that's the day that week that I don't work out. Easy Peasey, lemon squeezy. Done.

I did get all my water and protein in last night, so that is a good thing. The only issue I had were my multivitamins. I forgot to take them with lunch or dinner, so I tried to take them before bed. Bad call. The biotin and iron stayed in place, but the actual multivitamins would not stay down. Oh well, another lesson learned. Moving on.

So I will workout tonight in addition to my regular walking (I do that every day). 4 laps at work during my breaks plus the walk to the mailbox. I'll also make sure to get my multivitamins in during lunch.

I've noticed that some people I talk to that have had the same surgery are having trouble getting the necessary protein in on a daily basis. I have a simple, easy to follow way to get my protein in. I start my day with a protein shake that's good for 40 grams of protein right off the bat. About half way through the morning I'll take half of a 50g profect protein shot for another 25g. Then I'll have my lunch, which is usually good for 18-21g of protein, depending on what I have. Then about half through the afternoon I have the other half of the protein shot for another 25g. So before dinner, I've gotten 108-111g of protein for the day. Dinner is good for another 15-20g and then I have a yogurt dessert at about 8 pm that's usually good for another 5g of protein. Water is a constant through the day, so I'm usually at 72-80 oz. of water when I go to bed.

This has been a public service announcement from Digitarii on behalf of the VSG.

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment