Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 203: A good support group meeting

I bit the bullet and went to the meeting and it was really good. This time, it was led by Dr. Atkinson, the surgeon who performed my surgery and the meeting was really amazing. He answered so many questions and provided so much insight regarding the medical side of...everything we do in this journey. He confirmed my suspicion about the pain killers and my plateau with the weight loss. And there were so many things that he spelled out clearly that in other meetings were never really clarified. It was a really good meeting. Candace put up with it for about an hour and then she was ready to go, so I didn't get the whole meeting, but I got enough of it to make me happy. No drama, no issues, no talking behind my back, just a good meeting.

It was definitely better than most of my day was. 10 hours due to the 2 hours of overtime. Yack. Ah well, it's extra money on my paycheck and that will come in handy for my trip to Bakersfield at the beginning of September. I have lots of friends that have been asking me when I'm coming back for a visit and I'll be telling them I'll be there for Labor Day shortly. I'm definitely going to be inviting them to come visit Vegas. That's one of the reasons I keep a Guest room ready. You never know when someone could just show up for a visit.

Work...[sigh] My supervisor wanted to speak to me at the end of the day, but I didn't have time to hang around after work so she said we would talk about it tomorrow. I'm probably getting written up for some minor violation of company policy. Worst case scenario, I'm getting fired. I don't think that's the case, but the way things go you never know. I'm getting myself properly psyched either way. I'm going in expecting the worst, hoping for the best, and likely the reality will be in between the two extremes. I just hate not knowing.

I'll know tomorrow.

Tschuss!


No comments:

Post a Comment