Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 223: Monday weigh-in, a mini-goal and an NSV achieved!

Well, it's Monday and time for my official weigh-in: Current body weight 241 lbs. That's a 6 pound loss for the week, 152 pounds lost since surgery, and 179 pounds lost overall. That's a great set of numbers to look at. I've lost more than 150 pounds since my surgery, which is a mini-goal for me. The NSV came from when I pulled out my Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) and just for grins, I tried it on. It fit! Holy Mother of God, it FIT!!! I haven't been able to get into my BDUs in almost 20 years. So yeah, MAJOR NSV today!

I'm a little flabbergasted at the whole thing. If you had told me a year ago that I would be less than 50 pounds from my goal weight by this time, I would have scoffed at you. I would not have believed it was possible. In some ways, it's still so unbelievable that it's been so fast. The last time I honestly worked at losing weight when I wanted to join the Army, it took me the better part of 2 years to lose 75 pounds. Now here I am, 20 years later and thanks to the VSG, I've lost twice that in less than 8 months. The only thing I can say on the subject of the VSG is if you're considering having it done, get off the fence and do it! You'll be a lot happier.

I also want to talk about another VSG'er that has had success, and that's Cindy. As of last Thursday, she is down to 223 pounds. She's not seeing the same massive weight loss that I've seen, but she's losing two to three pounds per week consistently. I think she will definitely make her goal weight within the year. She's been wanting to lose her excess weight ever since I met her and the surgery is making that happen. It's really a miracle for both of us.

I have to get things ready and head to work now, so I'm signing off here.

Doi gen!

No comments:

Post a Comment