Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 204: Too much overtime and a bit of relief

Ugh. We had a major outage today and we had to pull a 12 hour shift. Not fun. About 6 pm, my supervisor called me back to have our meeting. As I suspected, I was getting written up for a violation of policy. In this case, surfing the internet when not on break. And on Facebook, no less. I didn't argue it, didn't defend it, just said "Ok, let me sign the paper. You caught me, I'll correct it. But you know I'm not the only tech that does it. I'm just the one you caught." Truth be told, I was relieved that it really was so minor. A first level write up is something to learn from and let it correct your mistake. I refuse to lose my job for Facebook. Of course, I warned some other techs about it but I don't think they will take it seriously unless they get written up for the same thing. Well, that's their problem, not mine. I'll correct my mistake and move on.

After a 12 hour day, I'm tired as Hell. I'm going to watch a movie and then hit the sack. At least two hours OT tomorrow, possibly more if that damn outage isn't resolved.

Dewa Mata!

No comments:

Post a Comment