Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 225: Losing it all

I'm referring to my weight, not anything more significant than that. I still can't believe I've lost almost 180 pounds since I started this journey last year, and most of that since this last January. I am so close to my goal now I can see it on the horizon. I'm feeling really good about the whole thing right now. I've been getting some extra sleep lately by going to bed an hour or two early and I think that's making a difference in my overall attitude towards the whole thing. Of course, not having to work a mass of overtime helps a bit as well. The heat around here has been...oppressive, to say the least. I'm reminded of Robin Williams in "Good Morning, Vietnam!" when he says, "This isn't hot, this is the setting for London Broil." It's supposed to be 110 for the next two days. I'm not looking forward to that. Not at all. I want the weather to start cooling off so I can start walking again in addition to working out.

I have some old friends coming into town this weekend and I'm looking forward to spending time with them. I'll be meeting them Friday night and then having dinner with them Saturday evening out at Lake Las Vegas. I'm going to be able to get into my clubbing clothes, including my new "Rebel" vest which I'm not allowed to wear at work because it might cause an incident. I swear, some people are too damn politically correct nowadays. But it's not worth causing an uproar about. I just wish they would let old shit go, you know? It's not a political statement, it's a fashion statement. Leave it alone.

Anyway, tomorrow is Cindy's weigh in and I hope she has some good numbers for the weigh in. I'm hoping she'll have a 4 pound loss so she'll be down into the next mark for weight loss. I'll know tomorrow.

Bonsoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment