Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 212: An unexpected NSV today

I had a doctor's appointment today and I somehow left my cell phone on my desk at work. By the time I realized I had left it there, I had to haul ass back to the office to get it before my doctor's appointment. I parked, ran in, buttonhooked around the corners to get to my desk and I was on my way out when one of the ladies in the office stopped me on my way out and said, "I saw you run in and you were moving so effortlessly, like you were weightless. It was really impressive." I really didn't think about it, I just ran in, but when she brought it to my attention, she was right. It was effortless for me. I might have to consider actually jogging or running now.

The doctor's visit was very good. My blood pressure was 114 over 80, my weight was right where it should be, and the doctor was very pleased with my weight loss to date. We had a very frank discussion about the loose skin and he wants me to go consult with a plastic surgeon who specializes in skin removal for bariatric patients. He wants me to get more labs drawn (groan) and go back in a couple of weeks to see him again. I'm getting closer to that goal weight every day and my doctor is really helping me get there. If you haven't kept your primary care physician in the loop for this process, shame on you. That doctor should be fully appraised at every step along the way. If it hadn't been for my doctor, I wouldn't have been able to get my surgery at all. He really helped me get there.

Ok, I'm done expounding for tonight.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment