Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 215: A good night's sleep can do some amazing things to a mood.

Well, I got about 9 hours of sleep last night and I woke up feeling fully recharged and raring to go. My will and strength were renewed and I feel like I can continue on now. Being up too late Friday night coupled with having to work a full shift on Saturday must have just wreaked havoc on my overall mood and emotional balance and then having that date cancel on me was just the final topper to everything that had happened.

I had a visit from the young woman I went with to Laughlin. She just returned from a trip to Canada, and she said that she had missed me and wanted to see me again. When I saw her, I realized that I was wanting to see her too. I talked about her with my sister and I explained how the age difference bothered me a little. My sister just said, "12 years isn't that big of a deal, not if you like her." My sister is right on that subject. The age difference doesn't matter. She really does have a lot to offer. She's smart, educated, makes good money, has a career and has a good heart. She really would be a good choice for me. But I am not going to rush in to this one. I did that last time and...well, read through the blog for more details.

While we were together today, I had a bit of an NSV. I was telling her some story from my past and I tend to talk with my hands. Anyway, I noticed that my knuckles and tendons are really starting to stand out on my hands, as are the veins in my arms.

Well, I have to get up in a few hours and weigh in. I hope my body is still on a losing streak come 5 am.

Do svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment