Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 220: an unexpected NSV today

Well, something came right out of the blue today. One of my co-workers walked into the restroom when I was washing my hands and said, "What's up, Bones?" I just turned and stared at him for a second and he thought I took offense at the name. He apologized, but then he said, "Can't really call you "Big Man" anymore, you know?" I didn't take offense at all, but it really caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting it at all. Later on in the day I had to ask one of the supervisors a question and he just stared at me for a second while I was trying to explain my question and he said "Sorry to stare, but you just look so different now. You're a completely different person now."

The thing is, I am completely different physically now. I've lost the equivalent body weight of a high school athlete. And since the weight loss is so rapid, my body is still strong enough to hold the weight I was carrying before, which makes me far stronger than anyone realizes. Mentally, I've changed as well. I view a lot of things differently now. My view of food is not so much "fill me up" as it is "Taste good and make me feel good about it." Rather than viewing my social life as not having a significant other in my life, I view it now as being free to do as I will with whom I will. Of course, if I'm overtired, my mental state and emotional outlook tend to reflect that as evidenced by last Saturday's blog o'doom. When I go out now, I can see women checking me out as I walk by and that feels really good. Even Cindy still checks me out when she sees me.

Tomorrow's blog will likely be a little early as right now I have plans for tomorrow night. I have to get up early and get labs drawn (again). Hopefully it will be another quick in and out like last time. We will see in the morning.

Goi Jin!

No comments:

Post a Comment