Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 227: A friend has passed across the Rainbow Bridge

I wasn't expecting to be writing about something like this today, and I knew today's post would be short, but it's going to be even shorter than I expected. My friend that went into the hospital with 3rd degree sunburns passed in her sleep recently. I was just notified by one of her family friends last night of her passing, so I'm a little shocked and saddened this morning. She was a beautiful, vibrant woman and this event just served to reinforce in my mind how quickly life can end for anybody. Life is too short to let it just pass by.

I'm going to say it again, don't let someone you love go without knowing how you feel. She knew I cared for her and I considered her a friend. Hell, 20 years ago I would have married her but our lives went in totally opposite directions and we both moved on. I hold no regrets for anything I did regarding her, I was always honest with her about how I felt. The one silver lining to her passing is that she went quietly in her sleep and in no pain.

I'm tearing up a little here, so I'm going to sign off here. My customary goodbye to everyone is going to be a good bye to her.

Au Revoir, Princesse...

1 comment: