Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 207: Saturday!!!

Blood test done this morning, then I got the sugared up tweens to their respective mothers and I took the afternoon to clean the condo and do my laundry and I'm going out to the Revolver tonight. I also managed to get my hair cut this afternoon before I started the cleanup detail, so I'll be ready for a night out once I clean myself up and get some dinner. I'm not really hungry, but I want to get my protein in before I go out dancing. Maybe I'll get a couple of numbers tonight. Maybe more than that if I play this right!

A quick rhetorical question before I sign off for the night. Why is it when someone breaks up with us, we're usually more willing to take them back after they hurt us and betrayed our loyalty than we are willing to open up to someone else? I know that I should just walk away, let go and be done with it. But I can't. No matter what I try, my heart always goes back. There's a favorite song of mine by Chris DeBurgh called "The head and the heart" and it has a very appropriate lyric for this:

Now the dawn begins, and still I cannot sleep,
My head is spinning round but now the way is clear to me,
There is nothing left, nothing left to show,
The jury and the judge will see, it's time to let her go,
Now hear the heart,
Oh, I believe that time will show,
She will always be a part of my world,
I don't want to see her go,
So I plead my case to hear the heart,
And stay...


Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment