Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 205: Some days...

Just once I wish the higher ups in my company would say "[FOXTROT] the business needs, let's give the techs a break." Not only did we have to do a 12 hour shift, it was only the Las Vegas center that got screwed. The other two centers were released after 10 hours. Talk about giving preferential treatment. And they wonder why we don't believe in the team mentality. As a team everybody pulls the same load, not one third of the team pulling the load for everyone. It's bullshit.

And to add a bit of stupidity to injury, they "rewarded" us with a lunch buffet from Famous Daves BBQ. Oh joy, fatty, oversauced, overcooked meats and carb laden sides. I had one piece of brisket and didn't like it. Thanks, but no. I'll stick with my yogurt, protein powder and cashews. And while everyone else was dropping into a carb coma after lunch, I was still pushing to get tickets closed and take calls. Thanks to my healthy choice.

A serious NSV at work as well. One of the guys in a different department had to do a double take because he wasn't sure it was me, and this is someone who sees me every day. He said that the way I look changed so much in just a few days that he didn't recognize me at first. He asked how much I've lost and when I said I had lost 162 pounds his reaction was, "You lost one of me! That's amazing!" I couldn't help smiling at that.

Cindy lost another two pounds this week, and she's just 28 short pounds away from onederland. I know she wants to lose more weight faster, but as long as she loses the weight, that's the important thing. Believe me, I understand how disheartening it can be to lose very little or even none whatsoever after everything we've gone through with this surgery. That's one of the reasons we act as each other's support. Combination of cheerleader and counselor is what we do for each other. Cheer on the good days, listen and sympathize on the bad. Lean on each other when we need it, celebrate when it's deserved, and a kick in the ass when nothing else is getting through.

Well, that covers my thoughts for today. I'll be back tomorrow.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment