Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day 172: Not cool...

Damn it! Of all the weekends for my AC to go out, had to be this weekend. Hottest weekend of the summer, Holiday weekend, and I can't get anyone to pick up the phone that would actually be responsible to fix the ferslugginer' thing. Oh well, just gives me an excuse to get out and go do something. At least until the thing can get fixed. Candace and I spent the day going to her music lesson, then back home and spent the afternoon at the pool keeping cool. We got home and I let her watch some Hannah Montana and then we both watched Alice in Wonderland (the latest version) and she went off to watch her shows while I watched Gangs of New York. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend renting it or getting it on Netflix. It would have done better when it was released except it was going against both the first Harry Potter movie and Lord of the Rings- Fellowship of the Ring. Scorsese was a fool to release it against those two heavy hitters. He should have waited 3 months and it would have done great in the theaters.

I've been having a lot of text conversations with the friends I reconnected with last weekend and I'm loving it. It was actually kind of funny, one of the ladies I was talking to Friday and Saturday was more like playful bickering between a couple that had been together a long time. We shared more than a few classes back in High School, too. We always kind of played back and forth like that and we went out on a couple of dates after high school. Kind of makes me wonder what might have happened if I hadn't joined the Army. Oh well, can't go back and rewrite history. We also live about 300 miles apart now, so I don't see anything happening there except reconnecting to an old friend. But I do have to say I had a great time at the reunion.

Cheerio!




No comments:

Post a Comment