Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 173: Sunday!

I normally look forward to the fourth of July, but seeing as I'm working tomorrow, I won't be enjoying it until I get out of work at 330. I'm not complaining (too much) seeing as it's holiday overtime, which when combined with the OT from last week will be a nice chunk of change on my next paycheck.

The AC at my place is still out, probably will be until Tuesday at the earliest. That sucks. It's too [FOXTROT]ing hot to be dealing with this right now. I remembered reading an ad in one of those high-priced gadget companies a long time ago about a personal cooler that was worn around the neck. I don't have one of those, but by sticking a damp cloth in the freezer for 20 or 30 minutes and then wrapping it around my neck, I achieve the same effect. It's not perfect, but it will help me deal with the heat for now. I was out at the pool too long today and I have developed a bit of a sunburn on my shoulders. Oh well. This too shall pass.

Well, in a few hours I'll be saying my mantra and stepping on the scales to check my weight for the week. We'll just have to wait and see what happens then. I'm hoping for a great result, but preparing for a sucky result. Both can happen, and it seems to be a crap shoot as to which will happen. I'll just have to see.

Good night, all.


No comments:

Post a Comment