Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 182: News from the Doctor

I had an appointment with my primary care physician yesterday and he is very pleased with my weight loss. Now he wants me to start some serious weightlifting and building muscle. That's a nice change from "Only low impact exercise". He doesn't want me to get thin and out of proportion for my height and shoulders. Now I have to decide do I go back to the Krav Maga Classes or do I join a real gym and talk to a trainer?

On an upbeat, motivational note, I got the most recent release from Rick Springfield, the album is called "Venus in Overdrive" and the title track really rocks! It's fast and has a great groove to walk or exercise along with. Most of the songs are like that, but "What's Victoria's Secret?" and "Venus in Overdrive" are the best so far. Give me a few weeks and I'm sure I'll add to that. I can fire that song up for my walk at anytime of the day, any temperature outside and I know my speed boosts up a little bit. It's edgy, it's contemporary, and it definitely rocks. Good stuff from my idol. Yes, I am a huge Rick Springfield fan. I'm the type of fan that can tell you most of his stuff from the early days and will even tell you that "Jessie's Girl" is absolute drek compared to the rest of his body of work.

Right now I'm debating whether to go to a party Friday night. I'm supposed to have Candace this weekend and her mom already said she would take her, but her mom just had surgery to repair a hernia and she's still under the weather. My paternal instinct is telling me to skip the party and do the good father thing. I'm going to go with...good father thing. Parties come and go, but Candace is only going to be a little girl once. Ah well, next time.

Friday night is the release of the final installment of the Harry Potter franchise, anyway and I promised I would take them both to go see it. I try to live up to any promises I make, whether it's convenient or not. Most of the time, not only is it not convenient, sometimes it's damned annoying as well. That's not the case here, but sometimes...

Do svidanja!


No comments:

Post a Comment