Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 184: Blank blank blank...

I'm having some trouble coming up with anything to write about on the weight loss front today. Nothing really exciting going on on any of my personal fronts to bother talking about, in all honesty. I kind of hate these blanks like this, I have to ramble on and on until something finally kicks and I have a blog entry worth bothering with. But getting to that point can be a real pain in the ass.

Argh.

I'm sitting back and thinking about how much weight I've lost. 160 pounds gone now. It's been pointed out that I've lost the weight of an average sized person. That's impressive by any stretch of the imagination. I've lost 72 percent of the weight I wanted to lose so far. 160 pounds in 6 months. The sleeve is, quite frankly, AMAZING! I think back to when I wanted to join the Army and I had to lose 75 pounds to qualify. It took me almost 2 years to lose that. I've lost more than twice that in just 6 months. I am so glad I had the surgery done and I wouldn't change it for anything.

I'm also using my time to make more friends and keep connections with old ones. That's has proven to be more entertaining and enlightening than I expected. I'm trying new things and re-evaluating some old ones. It's a great thing to me.

Cindy is down another 3 pounds this week and that's a good thing as well. Her total loss since surgery is 26 pounds or 23 percent of the weight she wants to lose. She's doing really well in my not-so-humble opinion. She's lost a total of 43 pounds between pre and post op. I want her to do well with this. In the big picture, she will probably beat her goal weight within a year and that's going to be exciting to see. I now understand why it's exciting to people to see weight loss of this speed and magnitude. It really is incredible to see changes like this so rapidly. I see her now and remember how she looked before and I can see an incredible difference. Not just in the way she looks, but the way she moves and the way she carries herself.

Well, it took a while, but I got today's blog written.

Auf Weidersehen!

No comments:

Post a Comment