Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 175: This is getting expensive...

Having to replace clothes every 6 weeks was bad enough, but every two weeks is a bit much. Still, I have to do it. Pain in the butt, though. I don't mind replacing pants so much and I can wear them even when they are too big for a bit, but when a pair of slim straights looks like comfort fit jeans, it's time to go. I doubt that I'll have to replace shirts at this point thanks to my shoulder and chest measurements. At this point, I want to get to my goal weight so I can buy a new wardrobe and be done with it.

Don't take my grousing too much to heart, though. This is an NSV, even if it is an expensive one. I don't mind having to buy new clothes, I just wish it weren't so quickly. Although I suppose that means I'm getting to my goal weight faster than I planned, and that's a good thing. I think back and this time last year I was tipping the scales at 420 pounds and now I'm down to 264 pounds. That's an incredible change. Especially since the bulk of that loss has only occurred since January 10th of this year. I've lost 71 percent of the excess weight and I'm in shooting distance of my goal weight. It's kind of nice no longer being one of the "Big men" in the company. I'm still big in height and width of shoulders, but waist? Not so much anymore. Given that my 44 slim straights are baggy on me, I could probably get into 42s now.

Cindy is down by 23 pounds since her surgery, so her average is just under 5 pounds per week. Considering the weight she wants to lose, I'd call that excellent progress. I tend to look at the big picture and not at the individual snapshots alone. I know she's a little disappointed that she hasn't lost more, but she is losing and that's the important thing. I figure another 7 pounds and she will have to consider getting some new clothes.

I don't have anything else to expound about today, so this is the end of today's broadcast.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Buying new clothes all the time is an annoyance, but a great NSV nonetheless :-)

    ReplyDelete