Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 194: A great trip

The trip was great. Hated the drive (60+ miles of straight stretch of highway through the southern Nevada desert) and the only interesting thing was having to pass through Searchlight which has a heavily enforced 25 mile per hour speed limit through town. Not necessarily fun, but it caught my interest.

We got to the hotel and we were able to check in immediately which was nice. The bed was very comfy (not as comfy as my own back home, but comfy enough). We got in the room about noon and headed down to the pool about 3pm. You can do the math as to what we were doing for 3 hours...

Anyway we got to the pool and it was filed with a mass of young adults acting like fools. Well, neither of us wanted to deal with that mess and we decided to head down to the beach. That was far more enjoyable. Quieter, the water was cooler, and since it was river water it was fresh water and had no chlorine in it. We stayed there for more than an hour and the only reason we got out was because we were both going a little red. We decided to quit before we actually burned and we went upstairs and I took a hot shower to warm up. She tried to just warm up in the bed but until I rejoined her, she wasn't warming up too well.

Another 3 hours later and we went down to get dinner at the Mexican place. We were going to go to the steakhouse, but they have a minimum charge of 25 dollars per person eating and I would not be able to eat that much food, so it would have been a waste. I had a good plate of steak fajitas and ate as much as my stomach would allow. We went back upstairs and I got hit by a Kidney Stone attack. I took a Lortab, but it didn't do the job by itself so after an hour I also took a super ibuprofen and soaked in the tub in hot water for an hour. When I was able to drift off to sleep, I got out and went back to bed and she and I both went to sleep about 2 hours later.

As much fun as we had together, one of the more significant events was actually an NSV for me this morning when she told me that I was so quiet when I was sleeping that she had to listen to my chest to make sure I was breathing and my heart was beating. That means my snoring is effectively gone now. She told me that I didn't snore at all. That was very exciting for me to have that confirmed.

This morning we fooled around some more and then we got cleaned up, checked out, and went to breakfast. I ordered the fruit plate which was seriously overloaded. It would have been enough for two people with normal stomachs to share and here I was working on it by myself. Again, I ate as much as my stomach would allow and then quit. Then we got in my car and reversed that horribly boring trip. Just as boring on the way back. I dropped her off and then went to do my grocery shopping. Then I came home to do some laundry and rest until tomorrow morning.

So I do my weekly weigh in in a few hours and I hope I'll have some sort of loss this week.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment