Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 188: Monday weigh-in

I got out of bed, said my mantra and my prayers and stepped on the scale. To see no change what-so-freaking-EVER! Didn't move one way or the other. No loss, no gain. I tried to not get upset with that. I've been preparing for this to happen since I started, but I know it hurt to see no change whatsoever. I called Cindy to tell her like I always do on Monday morning and she could hear by the tone in my voice and the way I was talking that I was down because of the non-loss. She said, "You always tell me to look at the big picture and not worry about anything else. Don't worry about it. It's probably not even a stall, next week you'll probably lose 7 or 8 pounds."

I thought about what she said and decided she was right. I realized then that I want and need her friendship as much as she wants and needs mine. We are each other's best support for this whole thing because we do know each other so well and we can understand what we're going through because we've been there. Friendship is just as important as anything else. In some cases, it's more important. Friends are the family you choose.

I don't have a whole lots else to go on from that, so I'm going to sign off now.

Sayonara!

No comments:

Post a Comment