Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 190: Kidney Stones and NSVs

Well, I don't know what's going on with my body, but I don't like it too much right now. Got hit by one of those all-too familiar pains that usually indicates a kidney stone last night, but it wasn't exactly the same. The pain was on my left instead of my right and it was only on the back, it didn't spread to my testicles, which is always a primary symptom. I used prescription strength Ibuprofen to get through work today and took a lortab when I got home and soaked in a hot bath for about an hour until the lortab kicked in. As soon as I got in the hot water, the pain was relieved. If it is a kidney stone, I think I know what's causing it. Last time I got this, the stones persisted for about a month. They disappeared for a couple of weeks and now they're back. The commonality in both attacks is the protein shakes I've been using. For 6 months I was using the GNS wheybolic extreme 60 without any problems. When the Kidney Stones hit last, I had started using Six Star. Six Star is available from Walmart and is about 20 dollars for a months supply. In between attacks, when I ran out of six star, I had switched back to the Wheybolic. The stones went away. Now I just started using a new batch of Six Star last week and the stones are back. Tomorrow I'm laying off the Six Star and I'm going to go get some more Wheybolic. If the stones go away, I'll be certain there is something in the Six Star that my body doesn't like and I'll just fork out the money for the Wheybolic. Saving the money is not worth the pain from the stones.

And I may not have lost weight this last week, but my body feels different (not counting the fershlugginer' stones) in a good way. I've also noticed women checking me out more often now and that's a huge ego boost.. On an NSV front today (and I may have talked about this before, if I have, blame the lortab) I wasn't wedged into the tub. I fit just fine in it and that's also a good thing. I've also made some decisions as far as my wardrobe is concerned when I get to my goal weight. For work shirts, I'm going to get more of those banded collar shirts I like so much from Wild West Mercantile. They're not expensive and they look very nice. I'll get regular slacks, though.

Not a bad little blog for someone under the influence of lortab, I think. Tomorrow is Cindy's weigh in and I want her to see a good loss. If she has a good loss, to me that would balance out for the non-loss I had this week.

Do Svidanja!

No comments:

Post a Comment