Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 198: A fading funk

Between not losing for two weeks and dealing with the damn stones, I think my normally upbeat attitude and outlook took a severe beating about the head and shoulders. Now that the stones are gone I feel more like myself again. I'm still missing that certain something...well, someone...but it's going to be ok in time. One way or another, things are getting better. I have made and reconnected with more friends and I have plenty of them to distract me. Old friends from High School, new friends recently made, and a few hobbies to distract me my old eating habits. It's not as hard as you might think. Recently I had an idea for a story so I pulled out a memo pad and started writing down my ideas to flesh out the reality of the world in the story. I'm still doing it, jotting down the ideas so when I start writing I'll have a basis for the history of the story. When the ideas slow down, I have other hobbies to distract me, like painting my miniatures. Writing the blog...well, that's become a daily thing for me and I see not only as a hobby, but almost a duty at this point. I know people read it every day and I want them to see the entirety of my experience. I don't write about everything. Most of it is dead boring. When something really significant or exciting that affects my weight loss happens, I'm going to talk about it. When I talk about my social life, It's as much to show how things can change for you as you lose the weight as it is to talk about my life. When I talk about anything, it is something that is significant to me and my journey.

But to step away from talking about your not-so-humble scribe for a few quick words, Cindy has lost another 3 pounds as of today. Her weight loss seems to be consistent now. She's lost 32 pounds since her surgery and 45 pounds overall and I'm glad to see it's working for her. If she can maintain 3 pounds per week, she'll be at her goal in no time.

Back to my own weight loss, I may not have lost much over the last two weeks, but looking at the big picture I've lost a lot of weight very quickly and I'm really glad for that. The loose skin..I'll deal with that in time. I'm not going to worry about it until I'm way closer to my goal weight. I have got to get back to working out, but the heat makes it hard to motivate to do that. I also need to find a real gym and a trainer and get a program for heavy lifting like my doctor wants. Hopefully the workouts will also help with the loose skin. I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm out for tonight.

See y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment